Monday 29 April 2013

Learning How To Blog Effectively

To some people starting a blog can seem to be the hardest thing they have ever done. It's kind of like public speaking in a sense, and we all know how that feels when it's our first time. But the truth is that there is actually no correct way to write a blog and if you read other people's blogs you will notice they all have a different writing style or personality if you will. This is because everybody is different and hence so are their blogs.

When I first started blogging I felt as though people were going to laugh at what I had written or at the very least think I was an idiot for trying to write a blog when I sucked so bad.....and they probably did, but if I had let these kinds of things stop me from blogging, I would just continue to be a bad blogger because I would never get the practice needed to become better at it. Put simply, keep blogging and you will get better and better every blog you do.

Attracting readers and retaining them

In order to attract and retain loyal readers, you need to keep your blog content interesting and useful. Put yourself in the shoes of your readers - if you came across a blog and the content was boring and served zero purpose.....would you return to read future blog posts? You probably wouldn't even finish reading the post you were on! The simple fact is that people like to find value in blog content, otherwise there is point wasting time reading it.


Keeping the readers coming

I know that some bloggers teach that you only need to update your blog once per week, but I beg to differ. I believe it to be more effective in keeping your readers interested if you make at least one blog new blog post everyday. This way you are providing activity, which will help attract more readers due to constant fresh content on a daily basis..... Would you pay for a newspaper if it was only published once every week? I wouldn't think many of you would. So keep updating everyday...go on, go make a blog post right now! I'll still be here when you get back :)


Attract extra traffic to your blog

There are a number of strategies available that may increase the traffic to your blog. The first one is to post insightful and, if possible, useful comments to other like minded blogs and if the terms of use of the blogs you comment on allow it, also include a link to your blog at the footer of your comment to help people find your blog if they want to read more about what you know. The second method is to sign up to forums that relate to your blog topics. Signing up to forums will give you access to making comments and replying to the posts of other members of the forums. This will give you an open door to promote yourself as knowledgeable in your field and could also build you up to be seen as the person with all the answers in your field. The third method I have used is paid advertising. Although I do not recommend paying for advertising if your particular blog is not generating an income. I mean, this would just be plain and simply wasting your hard earned money.

Now you have the basics! if you haven't already started, go start blogging right this minute. Go on log into your platform and start typing until you can't type any longer. You will be surprised at what you are capable of writing.

Click here to visit my website

No comments:

Post a Comment